School is out, and if you’re one who has children, you know it gets a bit challenging trying to find inexpensive activities to keep them busy. This is especially hard when you have multiple children.
One year I discovered this little activity that is absolutely
FREE <– (one of my favorite words)
The outdoor movie festivals in my local area provide a way for families to gather under the stars and enjoy a night out at the movies FREE of charge. Now don’t get me wrong… there are some festivals that double as fundraisers but you don’t have to participate to be able to enjoy the movies. In addition most places allow you to bring your own snacks. I started a little tradition for my children and we’re going to recreate it for my Grandchildren. Here is how we prepared for the Outdoor Movie Festival!
1. We make various sandwiches (every kid has their fav)
2. Pop microwave popcorn and put it in ziplock bags (1 bag per child)
3. Pack movie candy ( Dollar Tree) has a good selection
4. Pack the cooler with their favorite drinks
5. Pack 2 blankets to lay out (little ones WILL fall asleep)
6. If they can carry their chair they can bring it
PHOTO ASSIGNMENT- send me a picture of your family at the outdoor movie festival to: firstname.lastname@example.org